Art After Hours: The House We’ve Built: A Wickerham & Lomax Takeover in Collaboration with WDLY
From wedding cake to Amazing Grace, Baltimore-based artists Wickerham & Lomax create a wedding, funeral, and anniversary party inspired by moments of transformation as expressed in Generations: A History of Black Abstract Art. The new exhibition presents more than 70 monumental paintings and sculptures by generations of black artists who ignored the mandate to create works that had visibly ‘black’ content. Toast the legacy of these artists and Wickerham & Lomax (celebrating 10 years of collaborations!) during this memorable night.
- access to galleries and Generations: A History of Black Abstract Art (regularly $10),
- performances by Omnibud, Randi Withani, Sandy Zohore, Nova Nova, and Miss Alexa & Miss Dottie,
- collaborative photo booth portraits featuring artwork by Wickerham & Lomax,
- a free food or drink item from the themed menu,
- group family photo on the BMA’s grand steps,
- memento-mori-brooch making with teaching artist Kim Tyson,
- artists’ talks with Wickerham & Lomax, and more!
Beer, wine, and light bites will be available to purchase. Custom cake provided by The Cake Studio.
Art After Hours is for adults ages 21 and older.
Friday, October 11, 2019 at 8:00pm to 11:00pm
Baltimore Museum of Art 10 Art Museum Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218